50th Anniversary Trip: In Turks and Caicos, 26-27 Dec, 2019

Paradise or not, things can go haywire- no news there.  But twice in one week?! So last week in St. Martin I tripped on a concrete step that I couldn't see because I was carrying cushions.  I fell and strained my shoulder or pulled a muscle or tendon, something like that. It was just getting a little better until last night here on Grand Turk when someone (me) had the bright idea of having a bonfire on the beach!  Here:

No neighbors nearby, lots of open beach, dark starry night, enough driftwood, so why not? Only problem was the dang coral rocks that look just like sand in the dark even with a flashlight. I was actually the 3rd guy to smash a toe after grandson Ben and son-in-law Herman, all of us either coming to or going from the fire- which didn't burn well anyway! I also tripped and fell again, aggravating my sore shoulder! So here I sit on Joni's and my 50th anniversary day, nursing a scalped toe and painful shoulder while the rest of the family is out on a boating excursion to an offshore island for snorkeling and tropical lunch! Which turned out to be a great time, said they.

Truth be known, I love my family but am just as happy sitting here today! Nothing like vegging out in front of the sea, cold beer in hand, reading the latest Virgil Flowers exploits. Anyway, it is our anniversary and there's been a rumor that later on the whole tribe is going out to dinner at some Mexican restaurant? Not sure about that and the girls are being mysterious about it, something up their sleeves it seems. Oh well, they said that it'll involve some Margies so whatever happens will be AOK!

Here are a few more photos from our little piece of sandy heaven:

Lotza beach to veg on

Gals of leisure

Walking past the airport toward the cruise ships

Lori brought games: beach cornhole, washers and horseshoes!

Body surfing- Jack, Luke and Joni

More ladies of leisure

A rainbow greeted us on Anniversary Day!



Comments

  1. Wow. Great report. Hope that toe and shoulder gets better soon. Curious about the Mexican dinner? Or surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you pick me up for dinner?? I like Mexican too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50th Anniversary Trip: Comparison of naturist accommodations near Orient Beach, St. Martin

50th Anniversary Trip; Jardin D'O and Rancho del Sol, 16-17Dec

50th Anniversary Trip of Chuck and Joni- Start of the trip, Haulover and St. Martin